What to do with left over jam? Well we think you should make these delicious Jam Drop Biscuits.
- Makes: 32 biscuits
- Tray: 2 biscuit trays lined with baking paper
- Oven temperature: 180°C (170°C if using fan forced)
- Baking time: 10 minutes
140g softened chopped butter
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose Powder
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1 egg yolk
1/4-1/3 cup jam
Putting it together:
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric beater mix the butter, dextrose and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolk and beat until mixed.
- Add the flour and coconut and mix on a very low setting until it just comes together.
- Roll spoonfuls (15g) of mixture into balls and place on trays, 2cm apart. Flatten slightly with a spatula and then using the end of a round wooden spoon handle place a hole in the centre for jam, then place the jam.
- Bake for 10 mins until they’re golden in colour. Cool for 5 mins and then transfer to a wire rack.