A Sugar Breakup team member is from West Virginia, USA and he’s been missing his Mum’s baking – especially her peanut butter cookies.
So we decided to create a sugar free peanut butter cookie recipe using our dextrose,Golden Rice Malt Syrup, & Ridiculously Delicious Peanut Butter.
The cookie dough alone was absolutely delicious so we knew we were onto a winner!
Best eaten fresh on the day or placed into the freezer for future use, these cookies will be a favourite for all the family.
- Makes: 35 cookies
- Oven temperature: 180°C (170°C if using fan forced)
- Baking time: 10 minutes
1 ½ cups of plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
100g softened butter
½ cup smooth Ridiculously Delicious Peanut Butter
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose Powder
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make these ridiculously delicious peanut butter cookies:
You can now make these awesome cookies nut free for school! Here’s how:
- Drain and thoroughly rinse a 400g can of chickpeas under running water.
- Using a stick blender or food processor blitz half the chickpeas into a smooth paste (use the other half in dinner or a salad). This will make approximately 1/2 cup of chickpea paste.
- Replace the peanut butter with the chickpea paste and continue with the recipe. If the cookie mix is stickier with the chickpea paste just dollop on the baking tray using a spoon.
- Freeze & pop into school lunchboxes in the morning. They will be defrosted by snack time.
Love the nut free version for school – genius!