Just the right size! Cute little cupcake sized cheesecakes to ensure you get the perfect individual serve that are quick and very easy to make.
- Makes: 9 individual serves
- Cook time: 15 minutes prep, 3 hours (or overnight) in the fridge
- Pan: 9 cupcake patty pans in cupcake tray
Ingredients – Base:
5 gingernut biscuits or 8 biscotti biscuits (or any of The Sugar Breakup biscuit recipes)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Continue reading →
Lemon curd is one of those classics that can be dolloped on a cupcake, layered in a butter cake, smothered on a meringue or used in a “cheats” cheesecake. Lemon curd’s zesty flavour brings food to life.
- Makes : about 2 cups
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Pan size : medium saucepan
¼ cup cornflour
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
½ cup lemon juice
1 ¼ cups water
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter
Making Lemon Curd
- In a medium saucepan combine cornflour, dextrose, lemon rind and juice. Mix together together to make a smooth.
- Add water and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat, add egg yolks one at a time whisking quickly to mix through.
- Stir in butter.
- Store in sterilised jars in the fridge for a week.
What’s a kids party without chocolate crackles?
The great thing about these crackles is they use substantially less dextrose than sugar, coconut oil which you are more likely to have around the house then copha and still go down a treat with kids (and adults too!).
- Makes : 12 cupcake size or 24 mini cupcakes
- Refrigerate for about an hour to set
- Cooking time : 10 mins
- Pan size : 12 standard cupcake or 25 mini cupcake cases
2 cups puffed rice (available in the health food aisle at the supermarket)
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
½ cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
140g coconut oil
Continue reading →