Chocolate fudge is one of our favourite go-to snacks. It’s very simple to make, keeps in the freezer and is perfect when you need that chocolate hit.
This recipe is a “no cook” version that is lactose free, gluten free and fructose free.
You will be really surprised how easy it is to make and how delicious.
- Makes: 20 pieces
- Preparation: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Dish size: depends how thick you want the fudge. We used a 12cm x 14cm dish to give us lovely cubes of fudge
1 cup smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
1/3 cup coconut oil- melted
1/4 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
1/4 cup The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1 Pinch of fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add the peanut butter and (using an electric beater) mix together until smooth. It works better if the ingredients are slightly warm.
- Add in the cocoa, rice malt syrup, vanilla and sea salt, and then stir with a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Place the mixture into the dish lined with baking paper or plastic wrap (for easy removal) and place into the freezer for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer. When ready to be eaten, take it out for a couple of minutes beforehand so it softens slightly. It’s best eaten straight away as it starts to soften when left out for a period of time.
If you want your fudge to have more texture or to make different varieties then add things such as nuts, chia seeds, coconut etc when you add the cocoa and other ingredients and mix by hand.