Have friends coming around in an hour and have nothing to show for morning tea? You can make this recipe in under 5 minutes and be pulling it out of the oven as they arrive. They won’t know it took less than 5 minutes to make!
- Makes : 1 Loaf (approximately 12 slices)
- Oven temp : 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cooking time : 50 to 60 minutes
- Pan size : standard loaf pan (approx. 21cm x 11cm)
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup shredded (or desiccated) coconut
¾ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 cup milk
1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced), grease and double line sides of loaf pan.
- Combine flour, coconut, dextrose and milk in a bowl.
- Stir in raspberries.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out with just some moist crumbs when inserted in the loaf. Turn onto wire rack to cool.
Need some extra help?
My loaf is cooking too quickly on the outside!
Dextrose can cook quicker than traditional sugar. Ensure your oven isn’t too hot and put a double layer of greasproof paper when lining the pan. If the loaf is cooking too quickly turn your oven down slightly.