Chocolate fudge is one of our favourite go-to snacks. It’s very simple to make, keeps in the freezer and is perfect when you need that chocolate hit.
This recipe is a “no cook” version that is lactose free, gluten free and fructose free.
You will be really surprised how easy it is to make and how delicious.
- Makes: 20 pieces
- Preparation: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Dish size: depends how thick you want the fudge. We used a 12cm x 14cm dish to give us lovely cubes of fudge
Continue reading →
We are sad to say we no longer have any stock left for online orders of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose. If you finalised an order with the store it will be delivered this week but we are unable to take any new orders.
If you would like to pick up a copy of our 2 cookbooks “Get Your Bake-On!” and “Classic Collections: Family Favourites by The Sugar Breakup” then get in quick as the store will remain open until Saturday 24 September for cookbook orders.
Again we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who have supported our products over the past 3 years. It has been such an amazing experience for Fiona and I, we are sad to be saying goodbye.
It is the last 2 weeks of The Sugar Breakup Store. The shop closes on 24th September 2016!
We have a limited stock of Dextrose left (sorry the Organic Rice Malt Syrup has already sold out).
Hurry and get your orders in now before it is too late at shop.thesugarbreakup.com.
You can get the last of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose and our 2 gorgeous cookbooks Classic Collections: Family Favourites and Get Your Bake-On! by The Sugar Breakup as inspiration for your cooking.
We deliver throughout Australia, $10 for orders 5kg and under.
Julia and Fiona
The Sugar Breakup is now officially three years old and it’s time for the team to reflect on change.
We have decided to say farewell to our online shop. That means we will no longer be supplying our rice malt syrup or dextrose powder.
Our online shop will officially close on Saturday September 24, 2016. So there’s still plenty of time to stock up on dextrose powder. Unfortunately we have completely sold out of the organic rice malt syrup.
If anyone would like a bulk supply of the dextrose please contact us at: email@example.com and we can arrange suitable transport costs.
We will still be selling our cookbooks, ‘Get your bake on’ and ‘Classic Collections: Family Favourites’ in our online store until September 24, 2016. After that date the PDF versions will be available for sale by contacting:
Our gorgeous website will still be up and running and will be upgraded our recipe page and adding lots of delicious new ideas and recipes.
We loved selling our products and learnt many things along the way. We would like to say a very big thank you to Health Magic, who were the first distributors to believe in us and give us a start.
Wishing you all happy baking.
We love a delicious tradition style cake and they don’t come much better than this butterscotch banana cake. The cake is gorgeous on its own or you can add the delicious and decadent cheese frosting.
- Makes: 8 slices
- Oven Temp: 170C (160C fan forced)
- Baking Dish: 20cm round cake tin lined with baking paper
1 cup (150g) self raising flour
1/4 cup (40g)of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose Powder
100ml macadamia oil (can use olive oil)
1/4 cup (50g) The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe bananas (240-245g when mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 170C (160C fan forced) and prepare the cake tin.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Beat the dextrose and eggs until they’re light and fluffy. Takes between 5-10mins.
- Go to the slowest beater setting and slowly add the rice malt syrup followed by the oil.
- Next sift the dry ingredients into the wet mix and using a spatula gently mix together until just mixed. Then add in the mashed bananas and gently mix together.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30-35mins. Leave in cake tin for 5 mins then turn out on to wire rack and cool. Once cooled add frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
120g softened cream cheese
30g softened butter
30g The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1/2 cup of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose Powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla until pale.
- Then add the dextrose and beat until combined. Pipe on to the cooled banana cake and enjoy.