Especially for Pancake Tuesday, tasty gluten free and sugar free mini pancakes to whip up for an after school snack (or maybe even a sneaky after dinner treat!). Serve with berries, cream or a simple spread of butter, yum.
Makes: approx. 30 mini pancakes
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Pan: Fry pan or griddle
1 ½ cups blanched almond meal
3 eggs (we use large eggs, 700g per dozen)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
½ cup milk (maybe more depending on size of eggs used)
Butter for greasing fry pan
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and using a hand mixer or stick blender mix until well combined. Batter should be pourable, add a little more milk if batter is too thick to pour.
- Heat fry pan on medium heat. Add a small amount of butter (¼ to ½ teaspoon) to melt in pan and move the pan around to spread the melted butter.
- Using a tablespoon place spoonful’s of the batter around the pan. Watch the batter, small air bubbles should start to appear on top, as the bubbles start to pop flip the pancakes over.
- Cook on both sides until brown and cooked through.
- Repeat in batches until all the batter is finished.
Don’t spoon too much mixture for each pancake. The pancake won’t be able to cook through and will burn on the bottom before it can be flipped. If the batter is thick use the back of a spoon to spread it out a little in the pan.
Grease your pan after each batch, almond flour can stick a little more than normal flour.