So often the ginger in gingerbreads and cakes is overpowered by the heavy use of sugar.
This lovely little loaf is vibrant with flavour, you can actually taste the spices infused with a subtle sweetness of dextrose and golden rice malt syrup underneath.
Give it a go, you won’t be disappointed.
- Makes: 1 loaf (approximately 12 slices)
- Oven temp: 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cook time: 45-55 minutes
- Pan size: standard loaf pan (approx. 21cm x 11cm)
150g soft unsalted butter
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 eggs (at room temperature)
Rhubarb makes a fantastic pie and pudding filler, it has a similar amount of fructose as an apple (about 3%) but double the amount of fibre which is vital when consuming fructose. Try this delicious recipe on a cold winter’s night.
- Serves : 6
- Oven temp : 170C (150C fan forced)
- Cooking time : 40-50 minutes
- Pan : 1 litre oven-proof dish
Bunch of rhubarb (around 500g)
3 tablespoons The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1/3 cup The Sugar Breakup Rice Malt Syrup
1 ¼ cup (185g) plain flour