Continuing on our theme of meals to get you started, here’s another great breakfast idea for 2014.
This parfait is refreshing on a hot morning or late brunch and we’ve even been known to have it for dessert.
The parfait can be put into the freezer for two hours to create a true parfait texture.
- Makes: 2 serves
- Prep time: 5 mins
1 cup of full cream milk
1 cup of natural yogurt (if you like more tart, you can use Greek yogurt)
1 cup of bran (could be any sugar free cereal of your choice)
1 tablespoon of The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
2 frozen bananas
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
So easy, no cooking required
- In a blender put the milk, yogurt, bran, rice malt syrup, bananas and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving cup or bowl as desired.
- After you’ve made the blend add some crushed nuts (1/4 cup) of your choice and stir through for some crunch.
- Love coconut? Change the vanilla essence for coconut essence and after you’ve made the blend, stir through some flaked coconut (1/4 cup).
- If putting into the freezer, note that after 2 hours it becomes quite solid. So serve after 2 hours to keep the parfait texture.
- If you want parfait texture immediately, add 1/2 cup of ice when blending.
- Instead of bran, you can use The Muesli Gluten Free Muesli for a delicious gluten free version.
- Instead of bran, you can use oats, muesli or another breakfast grain.