Get the waffle iron out of the back of the cupboard. The Sugar Breakup team has worked hard to bring you this wonderful waffle recipe. It’s fructose and gluten free and uses coconut flour. This waffle recipe can also be diary free using coconut oil instead of butter.
This simple recipe makes a great and delicious waffle. All the hard work has been done for you, now you’ve just got to make them and enjoy!
- Makes: 2 large waffles or 10 small waffles
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Requires: Waffle iron
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
40g melted butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut flour
Putting it together
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk the eggs and dextrose together until well combined.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vanilla extract and coconut flour until the batter is smooth.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn on the waffle iron.
- Waffles will take about 3 minutes to cook. It does depend on your waffle iron.
Hints and tips
- You can use melted coconut oil instead of the butter to make the waffles dairy free.
- You can add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon for a different taste. Add it with the coconut flour.
- Make sure waffle iron is really well greased before you put batter onto it.
- This recipe can double easily to make 4- 5 large waffles of you’re feeding adults.
- The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup drizzled over the waffles
- Whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Greek yoghurt
- Flaked coconut
- Diced nuts
- Melted butter