We love a delicious tradition style cake and they don’t come much better than this butterscotch banana cake. The cake is gorgeous on its own or you can add the delicious and decadent cheese frosting.
- Makes: 8 slices
- Oven Temp: 170C (160C fan forced)
- Baking Dish: 20cm round cake tin lined with baking paper
1 cup (150g) self raising flour
1/4 cup (40g)of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose Powder
100ml macadamia oil (can use olive oil)
1/4 cup (50g) The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe bananas (240-245g when mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 170C (160C fan forced) and prepare the cake tin.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Beat the dextrose and eggs until they’re light and fluffy. Takes between 5-10mins.
- Go to the slowest beater setting and slowly add the rice malt syrup followed by the oil.
- Next sift the dry ingredients into the wet mix and using a spatula gently mix together until just mixed. Then add in the mashed bananas and gently mix together.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30-35mins. Leave in cake tin for 5 mins then turn out on to wire rack and cool. Once cooled add frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla until pale.
- Then add the dextrose and beat until combined. Pipe on to the cooled banana cake and enjoy.