There are a lot of ANZAC biscuit variations out there. This version stays close to the original so you get that classic ANZAC crunch and chew.
- Makes : 20 biscuits
- Oven temperature : 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cooking time : 10 to 15 minutes
- Pan : 2 baking trays
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
150g unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tablespoon boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced) and line baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Place the flour, oats, Dextrose and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the Rice Malt Syrup and butter, stir over low heat until the butter has melted, remove from heat.
- Add the bicarbonate soda to boiling water then add to the butter and Rice Malt Syrup mixture. It will bubble up, don’t worry it’s meant to.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly, leave some room for them to spread.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the tray
Gluten Free (and nut free) option
Easy! Simply use Gluten Free plain flour instead of wheat flour and replace oats with quinoa flakes. All measurements stay the same.