We’ve got you covered for Christmas pudding without all of the dried fruit.
This delicious pudding is for anyone who wants to make it on the day. It literally only takes a few minutes.
Whilst the family is making a start on the dishes you could whip this recipe up.
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 7 minutes in the microwave
- Cookware: 4 one cup ramekin dishes
1/2 cup full cream milk
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
2/3 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 teaspoon mix spices
3/4 cup of self raising flour
Thick grated skin of a lemon
Thick grated skin of a small orange
Put it all together
- Using a hand whisk, mix the eggs, olive oil, milk and vanilla together until blended. It takes less than a minute.
- Sift the flour, dextrose and mixed spices together.
- Place the dry ingredients and the thick grated peel of the lemon and orange into the wet mix.
- Still using your whisk, mix it together until blended.
- Place the mixture evenly into the 4 ramekin dishes. Only fill up to just past half way as this pudding rises.
- Cook all 4 ramekins together for 7-8 minutes in the microwave on high. Check on them at the 6 minute mark.
- Puddings should have a moist appearance.
- This recipe can be doubled to make more puddings.
- Microwaves vary in power so make sure you check the puddings and adjust time as needed.
- If removing from ramekin to serve, let sit for a few minutes first before attempting to remove them.
Christmas is almost upon us, order your dextrose and rice malt syrup here so you can enjoy The Sugar Breakup inspired Christmas!