Today we’ve been training hard for “The Bloody Long Walk” (Melbourne – this Sunday). After today’s last training run we agreed we needed a little treat. A Kelly Sister fav is this “no cook” Nut Butter Chocolate Fudge. It’s lactose free, gluten free, fructose free & easy to make. We whipped it up and started eating it only an hour later.
- Makes: 20 pieces
- Preparation: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Dish size: depends how thick you want the fudge. We used a 12cm x 14cm dish to give us lovely cubes of fudge
1 cup smooth nut butter (today we used peanut butter)
1/3 cup coconut oil- melted
1/4 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
1/4 cup The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1 Pinch of fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, salt and (using an electric beater) mix together until smooth. It works better if the coconut oil is still warm.
- Add in the cocoa, rice malt syrup and then stir with a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Place the mixture into the dish lined with baking paper or plastic wrap (for easy removal) and place into the freezer for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer. When ready to be eaten, take it out for a couple of minutes beforehand so it softens slightly. It’s best eaten straight away as it starts to soften when left out for a period of time.
If you want your fudge to have more texture or to make different varieties then add things such as nuts, chia seeds, coconut etc when you add the cocoa and other ingredients and mix by hand.