Kaylea from Gluten Free Feast has shared another winter warmer recipe. Enjoy!
“Isn’t it lovely when something just works out from nothing. This is one of these recipes. It’s the day before shopping day & I refuse to let anything go to waste, so I make some mad woman concoction & this has actually become a staple in our household.”
- Makes: 12 muffins
- Oven temp: 180 (170C fan forced)
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Pan: muffin tin
3/4 cup organic buckwheat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 heaped teaspoon glutenfree baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup puréed apples (3 medium mashed bananas a work well too)
1 large carrot grated
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
4 extra large free range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C (170C fan forced). Line 12 muffin tins with muffin wraps.
- In a blender/food processor/Thermomix combine the coconut oil, apple purée, carrot, The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup, vanilla extract & eggs together until creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the appliance before adding the buckwheat flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, salt & nuts (if you’re using them).
- Process until the batter is smooth & combined. If you find the batter too runny, add a tablespoon (at a time) of buckwheat flour.
- Pour the mixture evenly amongst the muffin wrappers and bake for 15-20 minutes. Test with a skewer to make sure it’s cooked through. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes to cool and then transfer to a wire rack for further cooling.