This weekend we felt like making some jam to go with fresh scones and cream. So after visiting the shops and finding ripe fresh strawberries and raspberries on sale, the flavour was determined. This time we made the jam less sweet and let the fruit do all the flavouring; it turned out tart, naturally sweet and delicious. We really enjoyed this combination. Thermomix instructions included.
- Makes: around a cup and a half of jam
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
125g fresh raspberries
300g of ripe strawberries hulled
100g (1/2cup) The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Find a large jar, give it a good wash then place the jar & lid in a bowl and fill to the brim with boiling water (just to ensure they are extra clean).
- Place all ingredients in a small to medium saucepan.
- Boil over a medium heat for around 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until jam starts to thicken.
- Carefully empty the water from the jar, pour jam into the warm jar, allow to cool, pop the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Enjoy jammy goodness on everything! Toast, scones, hot cross buns, baked into biscuits. So many ways.
- Place all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and cook 45-60mins/100C/speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid .
- If jam isn’t thick enough cook for a further 2-3 min/Varoma/speed 2 with MC still removed and TM basket still on mixing bowl lid.
- Pour into prepared jam jars as described in the ‘to do’ section of this recipe.
I tried a recipe like this for strawberry jam and i used dextrose and after a few days it started going all white as if it was going mouldy but if we heated it up again it disappeared.