Recently we’ve been trying out raw paleo recipes that can give us a healthy treat & also satisfies any sweet cravings. This shredded coconut rough is the perfect solution.
Gluten free, lactose free, refined sugar free & paleo inspired; at the moment it’s our favourite simple go-to snack. With only 4 ingredients, you won’t believe how simple & delicious this recipe will be. Really enjoy this one!
- Makes: 12 pieces
- Preparation: 5mins with 30mins in the freezer
- Dish size: freezer proof small flat baking dish, lined with baking paper
1 1/4 cups shredded coconut (alternatively can use 1 cup of desiccated coconut)
1/4 cup coconut oil- melted
1 tablespoon of dutch cocoa powder
1 tablespoon The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup
- Melt the coconut oil
- Add the coconut, Dutch cocoa & The Sugar Breakup Golden Rice Malt Syrup. Mix using a spatula until the coconut is covered in the chocolate.
- On a freezer proof flat dish lined with baking paper, place spoonfuls of the mixture into bite size round shapes.
- Place into the freezer and leave it for 30mins to set.
- After 30mims start eating or place the pieces into an airtight freezer container to enjoy whenever you like.