We think mini cupcakes are one of the best things you can enjoy at a birthday party. These refined sugar-free rainbow cupcakes are especially lovely with their bright colours & we can vouch that all children (big and small) love them. They are so gorgeous you don’t even need to do any further decoration.
- Makes: approximately 30 mini cupcakes
- Oven Temp: 175C (170C fan forced)
- Baking Dish: mini cupcake tray
1.5 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose Powder
175g soften butter
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175C (170C fan forced) and line cupcake tray with patties.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and beat on low speed until the mixture comes together. Then increase speed and beat for 4mins until the mixture is thick, creamy and aerated. Separated mix into three even portions. Keep one portion the original colour and dye the other two any colour you like. We used pink and blue.
- Carefully spoon teaspoon amounts of each colur into the patties making sure you get a bit of each colour in. Fill the patties to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10mins until firm.
- Leave in the baking tray to cool for 5mins and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
If you want to make normal sized cupcakes this will make about 16 cupcakes and you need to bake for about 25mins.