A good friend of The Sugar Breakup has kindly shared a gorgeous muffin recipe on Instagram. We think it’s such a winner for the family that we had to share.
- Makes: 12 large muffins
- Tray: Muffin tray
- Oven temperature: 170°C (165°C if using fan forced)
- Baking time: 15-18 minutes
2 large mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1/2 cup of cooled melted butter or oil
2 cups whole meal flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
Handful of chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Pecans for decoration on top of muffin
1/4 cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup for placing on top of muffin before baking
Putting it together:
- Preheat oven to 170°C. In one bowl mix the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and melted butter(or oil) .
- In a second bowl mix the flour, baking powder, chopped pecans and cinnamon.
- Combine the two mixtures with a spatula and only mix until they have just come together. Don’t over mix.
- Spoon into muffin tray. Then place 1-2 pecans on top and a small teaspoon of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup.
- Bake for 15-18 mins or until they’re golden.
Tips & Hints:
- If you use plain flour instead of whole meal, don’t add the milk.
- To make a banana chocolate version, add 1/4 cocoa powder and extra milk.
- Instead of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup, you can add a teaspoon of your favourite jam on top before baking.