Plentiful cherries left over from Christmas are everywhere at the shops. They are lovely, ripe and cheap; perfect for jam. This easy cherry jam comes up delicious and thick, perfect to spread over scones, toast and pancakes. Thermomix instructions also included.
- Makes: around a cup and a half of jam
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
650g of ripe cherries with stones and stems removed
180g (1 cup) The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
Zest of one lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
- Find a large jar, give it a good wash then place the jar & lid in a bowl and fill to the brim with boiling water (just to ensure they are extra clean).
- Place the cherries, lemon juice and rind into a blender and purée. Then add the purée and The Sugar Breakup Dextrose to a medium saucepan.
- Boil over a medium heat for around 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally until jam starts to thicken.
- Carefully empty the water from the jar, pour jam into the warm jar, allow to cool, pop the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Enjoy jammy goodness on everything! Toast, scones, hot cross buns, baked into biscuits. So many ways.
- Place the cherries, lemon juice and rind into mixing bowl and puree 10sec/speed 9. Add The Sugar Breakup Dextrose and cook 60-65mins/100C/speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid .
- If jam isn’t thick enough cook for a further 2-3 min/Varoma/speed 2 with MC still removed and TM basket still on mixing bowl lid.
- Pour into prepared jam jar as described in the ‘to do’ section of this recipe.