This recipe requires very little effort, will keep in the fridge for about a week, and is very tart and delicious. A really modern take on strawberry jam. Thermomix instructions included.
- Makes: around a cup and a half of jam
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
500g of ripe strawberries hulled
150g (3/4 cup) The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
Zest of one lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
- Find a large jar, give it a good wash then place the jar & lid in a bowl and fill to the brim with boiling water (just to ensure they are extra clean).
- Place all ingredients in a small to medium saucepan.
- Boil over a medium heat for around 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until jam starts to thicken.
- Carefully empty the water from the jar, pour jam into the warm jar, allow to cool, pop the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Enjoy jammy goodness on everything! Toast, scones, hot cross buns, baked into biscuits. So many ways.
- Place all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and cook 45-60mins/100C/speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid .
- If jam isn’t thick enough cook for a further 2-3 min/Varoma/speed 2 with MC still removed and TM basket still on mixing bowl lid.
- Pour into prepared jam jars as described in the ‘to do’ section of this recipe.