Gingernuts are a classic and these spicy little numbers will not disappoint you or any sugar-holics you are feeding.
- Makes : 30
- Oven temperture : 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cooking time : 10 to 15 minutes
- Pan : 2 baking trays
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
- 1/2 cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper
- Place butter, dextrose, golden rice malt syrup, ginger and cinnamon in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until well combined. Heat, stirring frequently, over medium heat until almost boiling then remove from the heat
- Pour the butter mixture into a large bowl and allow to cool slightly
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the boiling water then stir into the butter mixture. Add plain flour and stir until well combined
- Use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture onto the lined baking trays to form rounds about 3cm in diameter. Leave plenty of room for each to spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until a medium brown colour. Remove from oven and cool on the trays.
That sure sounds gingery!
Yes they are! If this recipe is too gingery for you, then reduce the ground ginger to ½ a tablespoon.