When my friend Carolyn recommended trying this recipe I was rather skeptical but I have to admit this slice is a whole lotta of fun. Great for kids to make during the school holidays as there is no baking (Carolyn is the queen of no baking slices.) No it is not a health bar but it will put a smile on your face with its silliness!
Makes: 30 squares
Fridge time: 30-60 minutes
Pan: 20cm (8inch) square cake tin (or a small slice tin) lined
2 cups of Pretzel crumbs (I used a 200g bag of pretzels)
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 ¼ cups Natural Peanut Butter (I used crunchy, no salt as the pretzels add saltiness)
110g unsalted butter, melted
½ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- Lightly grease and line pan with grease proof paper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on a low heat or in the microwave.
- Place pretzels in a food processor/Thermomix. Blitz until you have a mixture of fine crumbs with some chunky bits. Don’t over process, it’s good with little chunks of pretzels.
- Add melted butter, peanut butter and dextrose to pretzel crumbs. Blitz until all combined.
- Pour base into tin and press with fingers until base is covered and firmly packed. Place in the fridge whilst making chocolate.
- Place coconut oil, rice malt syrup and cacao powder in a small saucepan. Melt over a low heat, once coconut oil and rice malt syrup are melted use a stick blender or whisk to really combine the ingredients (this helps stop the raw chocolate from separating).
- Remove base from fridge, pour chocolate over top and place in the FREEZER to set.
- Once set (30-60 minutes), remove from freezer, slice and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Enjoy! Cause sometimes you need a little bit of silliness xx