Spring is here and what is yummier than a simple and delicious cheesecake?
This one is surprisingly refreshing and light. Use whatever frozen fruit you love; raspberries were our pick this week but we think it would would be lovely with any berry, pineapple or mango.
- Makes: 8-10 serves
- Time: needs 4 hours to set
- Tray: 22com spring loaded cake tin lined with baking paper
- Oven temp: 165°C (160°C fan forced)
- Baking Time: 15-20mins
100g butter (cubed straight out of the fridge)
3/4 cup plain flour
1/3 cup almond meal
1/4 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 x 250g cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 teaspoons gelatine powder
2 tablespoons boiling water
grated rind of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup of frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 165C (160C fan forced) and line the cake tin.
- Place all of the base ingredients into a food processor or thermomix and blitz until it all comes together.
- Press base mix into the lined spring load cake tin. Bake on 160C for about 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow the base to cool slightly before starting cheesecake top.
- Combine gelatine & water, leave to cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese, dextrose, lemon rind & juice together using an electric beater until smooth.
- In a separate bowl using an electric beater, beat cream until firm peaks form.
- Add the gelatine to cream cheese mix and beat until combined in a smooth mix.
- Fold in cream using a large spatula or mixing spoon then fold through raspberries gently, refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve straight from the fridge as is or make a fruit coulis by blending up some berries or spread a little of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup over the top.