How gorgeous is this recipe from Sophie W, from WA!
It’s another example of the lovely recipes we received during our “Get Your Bake-on” competition and so simple to make with kids.
- Oven: 180C (170C fan forced)
- Pan: 1 biscuit tray lined with baking paper
- Makes: 25-30 cookies depending on cookie cutters you use
- Baking time: 8 minutes
¾ cup (275g) The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2¼ cups (335g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the dough is firm.
- Roll out each portion of dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Remove the baking paper and use a Winnie the Pooh or Tigger shaped cookie cutter to cut out biscuits from each sheet.
- Place the cookies on baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies are light golden.
- Cool on wire racks.