This week we delivered prizes in our ‘Get Your Bake-On’ FB competition. Imagine our delight when we realised that our overall winner lives in our home city. An opportunity too good to miss to have a meeting.
Victoria and her gorgeous mum welcomed us into their home and this is what we learnt.
She’s young and already a very accomplished recipe creator and cook. Her submissions in our competition blew us away. She has a fast growing Instagram feed where she generously shares her creations: _naturalnutrition_
Victoria became passionate about being sugar free after reading Sarah Wilson’s ‘I Quit Sugar’. Her family and partner never realised how much she would embrace quitting sugar and they are all wonderfully supportive.
She really enjoys her job in a successful drinks company and is excited about working in the food industry as she develops.
Her parents are so proud and she even has her own shelf in the pantry for all her tools and stock of the trade. After our delivery we reckon she’ll need her own cupboard! We can’t wait to see what she creates with all of the gorgeous products in the prize pack.
Please enjoy her cheesecake recipe, just a sample of the wonderful recipes she shared with us.
- Dish: 6 silicon muffin moulds
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 3.5 hours
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1.5 cups (200 grams) raw cashews, soaked overnight in water
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut paste
1/3 cup of lime juice
1/2 tablespoon of lime zest
2 tablespoons of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
Optional (to garnish): extra lime zest, shredded coconut
Putting it together
- Place all biscuit base ingredients in a food processor and blitz until a chunky mixture forms.
- Press mixture into 6 silicon muffin moulds, and refrigerate.
- Add all cheesecake filling ingredients to clean food processor, and process until completely smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the moulds on top of the bases, garnish with shredded coconut and lime zest, and refrigerate for 3+ hours until completely firm and set.