Talk about a moorish little treat. These Cheesy Seedy crackers are really yummy and will go great on any cheese platter, dipped in soup or eaten just on their own. You won’t be able to stop at one and they can be made gluten free!
- Oven: 165°C (160°C fan forced)
- Pan: 1 biscuit tray lined with baking paper
- Makes: 24 crackers
- Baking time: 10-12 minutes
2 tablespoons of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, pick your favourite)
2 teaspoons The Sugar Breakup Rice Malt Syrup
1 cup of self raising flour (GF self raising works well too)
1 large egg lightly beaten
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon finely grounded sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Putting it together
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and combined until it forms a dough.
- If it’s too wet add more flour a tablespoon at a time. If its dry add water a tablespoon at a time.
- Wrap the dough in baking paper or plastic and put into the fridge for 30mins.
- After 30 mins take dough out of the fridge and let it rest for 10mins. Then place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out until its about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into the desired shapes.
- Place onto baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden in colour.
- Cool on tray for 10 minutes, and then place onto a wire cooling rack.
Some further ideas
- You can use Almond Meal instead of the gluten free flour
- You could put 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper