Lucky us, here is a fabulous recipe from Brookfarm to share with all our followers. Not only is it really delicious but it can be made gluten free using Brookfarm’s Gluten Free Porrij and Melinda’s Gluten Free Goodies Gluten Free Self Raising Flour.
“It’s the perfect way to add some extra energy to your day.”
1/2 cup of Brookfarm Power Porrij *
1 1/2 cup self raising *
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup milk
60g melted butter
1/4 cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
Extra butter and macadamia oil for pan
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well.
- Let batter rest for 1/2 an hour and add extra milk if desired.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with an equal mixture of butter and natural macadamia oil.
- Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with the butter/ macadamia oil mixture between batches.
- Top with your favorite seasonal fruit and a drizzle of Golden Rice Malt Syrup.
Tips and Hints:
The combination of butter with macadamia oil allows for a higher cooking temperature than using butter on its own.
* Gluten free option: use Brookfarm Gluten Free Porrij and Melinda’s gluten free self raising flour
In our Get Your Bake-on prize packs we have Brookfarm Porrij and Macadamia Oil to give away! Less than one week to go until we announce our final winner so don’t forget to enter here>>http://bit.ly/WIN_TSBU with a photo, recipe or both, of your creations made using rice malt syrup or dextrose. You will then have a chance to WIN Brookfarm Porrij and Macadamia Oil, gorgeous products from J’adore Raw, Equagold, Melinda’s Gluten Free Goodies, Mayver’s, Health Magic, Hungry Tums and from The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup, Dextrose and have your recipe featured in our e-cookbook with all credit going to you.
Entries close 9am Sunday 17th August 2014.