This recipe has been created by Hungry Tums author Di Heath and she’s agreed to share it with The Sugar Breakup followers. This is a wonderful example of the fabulous recipes that you can discover in her book ‘Sweet As’.
Preparation: 12 mins
Cooking: 20-25 mins
250g self-raising flour (we used Melinda’s Gluten Free Goodies Self Raising Flour)
60g shredded coconut
¾ cup coconut milk
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
150g frozen raspberries
THE FUN PART
• Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases or use a silicone muffin pan.
• Melt butter over low heat, and allow to cool slightly.
• In a large bowl mix together the flour and coconut with a large metal spoon.
• In a small mixing bowl or jug, whisk eggs lightly then add coconut milk, Rice Malt Syrup, cooled melted butter and combine well. Add to dry ingredients and stir until nearly combined (do not over mix).
• Add raspberries, stirring until just mixed through.
• Spoon the muffin mixture into the muffin tray to divide evenly between the 12 cups.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.