This recipe is no bake, lactose free, gluten free, fructose free and refined sugar free.
- Makes: 20 pieces
- Prep time: 45 mins
- Setting time: 45 mins
- Difficulty: easy
- Dish: square tin 8 x 8 inch lined with baking paper
1 serving of The Sugar Breakup Toffee Crunch
2 cups of toasted coconut flakes or chips (don’t use desiccated coconut, as it’s too dry)
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup nut or seed butter of your choice
1/4 cup of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Lets put it together
- Make a batch of The Sugar Breakup Toffee Crunch. Once set, divide it into two sections. With the first half crush into small toffee shards – this will be used in the fudge mix. With the second half break into small bite sized toffee shards – this will be used on top of the fudge for decoration.
- Line your dish with baking paper.
- In a blender or a Thermomix place the coconut flakes and coconut oil and blend until it becomes a creamy texture, and creates a coconut butter.
- Add the golden rice malt syrup, nut butter and vanilla extract. Mix together until it’s creamy. It takes less than a minute.
- Using a spatula gently mix in half of the crushed up toffee crunch. Then pour the mixture into your dish and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the second half of your toffee crunch shards over the top and press them slightly into the fudge.
- Place into the fridge or freezer until it hardens (it takes about 45 mins in the freezer).
- Take out of container, cut into delicious squares and enjoy.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Hints and Tips
- You can use any nut or seed butter you like.
- You can be even more creative with your own toppings. Make it look gorgeous with colourful contrasts.