Recently, I saw some really interesting cupcakes, with lots of flavours on offer. There was a delicious looking carrot cupcake and I was inspired to create the refined sugar free version.
- Makes: 12 cupcakes
- Baking tray: 12 pan cupcake tin
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: easy
- Oven temp 180°C (175°C fab forced)
- Baking time: 18-20 mins
Ingredients for Cupcake
1 cup olive oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 cups coarsely grated carrot
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for cream cheese icing
1 block of Philadelphia cheese 250g at room temperature
The juice and rind of 1 lemon
1/4 cup of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
(You can change the RMS to 1/2 cup of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose if you need it thicker)
Putting it together
- Warm oven to 180°C (175°C fan forced) and line your cupcake tin with patty cases.
- In a large bowl place the oil, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Add the dextrose and whisk until blended.
- Add the flour, carrot, almond meal and cinnamon and mix with a spatula until just mixed.
- Spoon evenly into the patty cases.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 5 mins and then place the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- Allow to cool and then ice with cream cheese icing
Cream cheese icing
- Beat together cream cheese, lemon rind and juice and dextrose powder (or rice malt syrup).
- Pipe or smooth onto cooled cupcakes