Who doesn’t love a good fudge recipe? This one is really special because its Paleo, gluten free, lactose free and, of course, it’s fructose free!
Plus there’s no cooking required and very easy to make.
The flavour combinations and choice of toppings are endless.
- Makes: 20 pieces
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Setting time: 45 mins
- Difficulty: easy
- Dish: square tin 8 x 8 inch lined with baking paper
2 cups of coconut flakes or chips (don’t use desiccated coconut, as it’s too dry)
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup nut or seed butter of your choice
1/4 cup of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup Chopped nuts, pepitas, coconut, seeds etc for the topping
Lets put it together
- Line your dish with baking paper.
- In a blender or a Thermomix place the coconut flakes and coconut oil and blend until it becomes a creamy texture, and creates a coconut butter.
- Place coconut mix into a bowl and add the golden rice malt syrup, nut butter (we used
Ridiculously Delicious peanut butter super smooth) and vanilla extract. Mix with a beater until it’s creamy. It takes less than a minute.
- Pour the mixture into your dish and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle your combination of mixed nuts, coconut flakes, seeds etc over the top and press them slightly into the fudge.
- Place into the fridge or freezer until it hardens (it takes about 45 mins in the freezer).
- Take out of container, cut into delicious squares and enjoy.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Hints and Tips
- You can use any nut or seed butter you like.
- Be creative with your own toppings. Make it look gorgeous with colourful contrasts.
- The Thermomix instructions for the coconut mix (100g (2 cups) coconut flakes, 150g (3/4 cup) coconut oil. Mix for 15 secs on speed 8. Then do 5 sec burst at 8 until its creamy).
- It will last about 2 weeks in the freezer in an airtight container. We doubt it will be around longer than 2 days once you taste this fudge; it’s that delicious.