Winter has come! We love a quick and delicious warm winter recipe and roast veggies is always a perfect solution. The Spicy Coconut Chips add a lovely texture to the meal.
Today’s recipe is a great way to use up what we have left in the fridge and enjoy our favourite winter flavours.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Baking time: 35 to 40 mins
- Makes: 4 serves
- Oven temp: 180°C (175°C fan forced)
- Baking time: 30 mins
- Difficulty: easy
- Baking tray: large tray covered in baking paper
Use whatever vegetables you have in the pantry and fridge. We used:
1 sweet potato
1 large carrot
2 brown onions
4 baby potatoes
1 red capsicum
1 green capsicum
1/2 batch of the Spicy Coconut Chips
Selection of toppings like pepitas, slivered almonds, chopped hazelnuts, pine nuts etc
Lets get roasting
- Turn the oven onto 180°C (175°C fan forced) and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel your veggies and cut the harder veggies into the same thickness for even baking. We cut them into about 1.5cm to 2cm thick slices. The thicker the slice the longer the cooking time.
- Cut the red and green capsicums into larger pieces
- Place all of the veggies into a bowl and toss with oil and sea salt
- Place all of the veggies (except the softer ones like the capsicum) onto the baking tray and bake for 15 mins
- After 15 mins add the capsicum pieces and bake for a further 20 mins
- Take out of the oven, toss with cracked pepper and add some pepitas, pine nuts, hazelnuts etc; add the Spicy Coconut Chips.
- Eat immediately as a meal or use as an accompaniment
Hints and Tips
- You can use any vegetables
- Add a tablespoon of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup to the oil and toss the veggies with the combination to give them a slightly sweet caramelised taste.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach as the main meal.