These crackers are the easiest you’ll ever make. They are thin, crisp and gluten free. It’s also incredibly adaptable, you can use any nut or seed. They are a great replacement for traditional savoury biscuits. Really yummy with cheese and pesto. Delicious with fresh tomato and roasted capsicum. The food combinations are endless.
- Makes: 30 large crackers
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Very easy
- Requires: Biscuit tray
400g mixed nuts and seeds
1 tablespoon of The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
1 tablespoon water
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Putting it together
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the nuts and seeds into a food processor and mix until smooth (if using a Thermomix, 8 seconds on speed 9).
- Place nut mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the golden rice malt syrup, salt, egg and water.
- Mix using a wooden spoon until it forms a thick dough.
- Divide the mixture into two. Take one piece and roll it between two pieces of baking paper, until it’s about 2-3mm thick. Take the top layer of baking paper off and carefully slide the baking paper and nut mix onto the biscuit tray.
- Using a sharp knife cut the dough into desired biscuit shapes.
- Sprinkle salt, seeds, rosemary etc over the top. Use whatever you have handy.
- Bake for 7-10 mins, keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Keep in an airtight container.