Lemon slice is a classic recipe that is so easy to make with biscuits and condensed milk, but so much refined sugar is involved. Making these sugar free can be take a while because you have to make the biscuits and milk yourself.
So The Sugar Breakup has created this lemon truffle to give you all the flavours of a lemon slice — but its gluten free, vegan, dairy free, egg free, fructose free and extremely easy to make.
- Level of Difficulty: very easy
- Makes: 20 truffles
- Prep time: 5 mins
70g shredded coconut
Plus extra shredded coconut for rolling truffles
80g blanched almonds
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
- Put all of the above ingredients into a food processor. Blitz for 30sec or until all the nuts are turned into meal and it all sticks together.
- You can also use a Thermomix. Put all the ingredients into the Thermomix mix for 10sec speed 4 and then 10sec speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of your food processor or Thermomix and mix for a few more seconds to make sure it’s consistent. The mixture has a wet look and feel, but you will be able to roll it in your hands.
- Roll teaspoon size balls in the extra shredded coconut and store in the freezer. When eating take out of freezer for a couple of minutes to soften before taking a delicious bite.
*You can use another nut instead of hazelnut such as macadamias, cashew etc. You can use desiccated, shredded or flaked coconut. Use whatever is in the pantry.