In The Sugar Breakup test kitchen we have been working on some yummy savoury recipes for the summer.
Having Kitz Living Foods as one of our amazing prizes meant we could really have some fun.
In our prize pack we have Kitz Crackers which are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, slow-dehydrated, raw and activated.
The Kitz Crackers, included in our prize pack, are:
- Rosemary & Black Pepper
- Italian Herb & Garlic
- Mexican Buckwheat
Gluten Free Bruschetta Recipe:
- Makes: 7 cracker toppings
- Oven temperature: 200C (180C fan forced)
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
80ml extra virgin olive oil
25ml red wine vinegar or you can use a squeeze of lemon instead
1/2 teaspoon The Sugar Breakup Dextrose powder
Pinch of salt flakes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 pack of Kitz Crackers (we used Rosemary & Black Pepper)
250g perfectly ripe assorted small tomatoes, peeled, quartered and deseeded
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and very thinly sliced
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
1/2 roasted capsicum cut into thin slices
Black pepper to season
Lets put it all together.
- Place the oven onto 200C.
- Put the rosemary and salt onto a baking tray and cook for 10mins.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, basil leaves and capsicum in a bowl.
- In a screw-top jar place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dextrose powder, baked rosemary and salt and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the bruschetta ingredients, add some black pepper for seasoning and toss gently.
- Set aside for 10mins to let the flavours develop prior to serving.
- Place the Kitz Crackers onto a serving tray and place the bruschetta on the top of each cracker, ready to eat immediately.
These were our favourite ingredients but there’s many more you can add, here’s some other suggestions of ingredients that can be added to the topping:
- Small black olives
- Cheese, we like feta or baked ricotta
- Red onion, finely shaved
- Cooked chickpeas