These cookies were inspired by our recent visit to the Gluten Free Expo in Melbourne.
Lovely soft cookies, like little cakes made with coconut flour!
So deliciously moist, enjoy them now or pop them in the freezer for school lunches as they’re not only gluten free but nut free as well.
- Makes: 24 biscuits
- Oven temperature: 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Pan size: 1 large baking tray or 2 small trays lined with non-stick paper
4 large eggs
¾ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose (can easily be ½ cup if you are used to sugar free)
120g unsalted butter melted and cooled (or use coconut oil instead to make lactose free)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup coconut flour
For cinnamon coating:
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced), line your baking tray(s)
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly
- In a bowl combine eggs, The Sugar Breakup Dextrose, melted butter, salt & vanilla extract. Whisk lightly until ingredients come together
- Sift in coconut flour & stir until combined
- Leave the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour is like a sponge, it will absorb all the liquid ingredients to leave a soft paste
- In a small bowl mix ground cinnamon with 1 tablespoon of The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
- Place a heaped teaspoon of coconut mixture in your hands and gently roll into a small ball
- Place the ball in the cinnamon dextrose mix and roll it around until the ball is thoroughly coated in the cinnamon and dextrose
- Place the balls on a baking tray and using your fingers or a fork gently press down to make a flat cookie
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden, remove from oven and allow to cool
Coconut flour sucks up moisture, so store these delicious gluten free goodies in an air tight container and enjoy within 2-3 days. Or wrap them up and pop them in the freezer for lunch boxes.
I gave these a go last night & they are YUMMY plus EASY to make!!! I had stopped baking for a while (due to walking away from sugar) & I now feel my “bake on” is back. Thanks for sharing & I’m definitely trying other recipes – I have already made the strawberry jam another yum & easy recipe.
Hi Annie-Marie, Thanks for the feedback, welcome back to baking! Yummy and easy are our 2 favourite combinations. Let us know how you go with any other recipes. Cheers Julia