We know a lot of you are gluten free so when we found this tart we took the chance to try it out sugar free. What a winner! The yoghurt adds a lovely softness and the lemon, well that gives everything some zing!
- Serves: 10
- Oven temp: 170C (150C fan forced)
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Pan: 25cm tart pan with removable base or a silicon tart pan
125 g unsalted butter, softened
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 Lemon – the juice & finely grated rind
3 large eggs (we use minimum 70g)
1 ½ cups almond meal
½ cup fine polenta
¼ cup cornflour
½ tsp gluten free baking powder
¾ cup natural yoghurt
1 cup frozen (or fresh when in season) mixed berries
It’s an easy blitz:
- Preheat oven to 170˚C (150˚C fan forced) and grease a 25.5cm tart pan
- Place all ingredients but NOT the berries in a food processor. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour batter into tart pan and then drop berries on top. Use your fingers to press berries into the batter
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden and centre is cooked
- Stand in pan for 15-20 minutes or until cool enough to remove
- Devour on its own or with cream, the choice is yours!