Lemon curd is one of those classics that can be dolloped on a cupcake, layered in a butter cake, smothered on a meringue or used in a “cheats” cheesecake. Lemon curd’s zesty flavour brings food to life.
- Makes : about 2 cups
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Pan size : medium saucepan
¼ cup cornflour
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
½ cup lemon juice
1 ¼ cups water
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter
Making Lemon Curd
- In a medium saucepan combine cornflour, dextrose, lemon rind and juice. Mix together together to make a smooth.
- Add water and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat, add egg yolks one at a time whisking quickly to mix through.
- Stir in butter.
- Store in sterilised jars in the fridge for a week.