Lemon curd is one of those classics that can be dolloped on a cupcake, layered in a butter cake, smothered on a meringue or used in a “cheats” cheesecake. Lemon curd’s zesty flavour brings food to life.
- Makes : about 2 cups
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Pan size : medium saucepan
¼ cup cornflour
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
½ cup lemon juice
1 ¼ cups water
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon (15g) unsalted butter
Making Lemon Curd
- In a medium saucepan combine cornflour, dextrose, lemon rind and juice. Mix together together to make a smooth.
- Add water and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat, add egg yolks one at a time whisking quickly to mix through.
- Stir in butter.
- Store in sterilised jars in the fridge for a week.
Yumm will have to make…looking for a sugar free chutney/relish recipe….has anyone used dextrose instead of sugar?
Hi Elaine, this is something we will definitely be working on in the new year. I’ll let you know when it will be posted next month. Regards Fiona
Would love a jam recipe, pleese.
Mango Jam, Berry Jam, or peanut butter recipe. Gluten free??
Hi Barbara, we’ve been experimenting with jam recipes and will have some up on the site soon!