There are a lot of ANZAC biscuit variations out there. This sugar free version stays close to the original so you get that classic ANZAC crunch and chew.
- Makes : 24 biscuits
- Oven temperature : 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cooking time : 10 to 15 minutes
- Pan : 2 baking trays
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
150g unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tbs boiling water
Making this classic biscuit recipe sugar free
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 if oven is fan forced) and line baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Place the flour, oats, dextrose and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a saucepan place the Rice Malt Syrup and butter, stir over low heat until the butter has melted, remove from heat.
- Add the bicarbonate soda to boiling water then add to the butter and Rice Malt Syrup mixture. It will bubble up, don’t worry it’s meant to.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly, leave some room for them to spread.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the tray