There are a lot of ANZAC biscuit variations out there. This sugar free version stays close to the original so you get that classic ANZAC crunch and chew.
- Makes : 24 biscuits
- Oven temperature : 180C (160C fan forced)
- Cooking time : 10 to 15 minutes
- Pan : 2 baking trays
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
1 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons The Sugar Breakup Organic Golden Rice Malt Syrup
150g unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tbs boiling water
Making this classic biscuit recipe sugar free
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 if oven is fan forced) and line baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Place the flour, oats, dextrose and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a saucepan place the Rice Malt Syrup and butter, stir over low heat until the butter has melted, remove from heat.
- Add the bicarbonate soda to boiling water then add to the butter and Rice Malt Syrup mixture. It will bubble up, don’t worry it’s meant to.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly, leave some room for them to spread.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the tray
Hi, I made these today but I must have done something wrong as the mixture was really dry and hard to shape into balls…they didn’t spread on the tray at all. Tasted fine, but quite hard and small….
Glad to hear they still tasted good if a little dry! Sounds like you need a little more butter next time. Happy baking!
Made these today, never had Anzac biscuits before, they are FAB! Love them and will definitely make them again :)