What’s a kids party without chocolate crackles?
The great thing about these crackles is they use substantially less dextrose than sugar, coconut oil which you are more likely to have around the house then copha and still go down a treat with kids (and adults too!).
- Makes : 12 cupcake size or 24 mini cupcakes
- Refrigerate for about an hour to set
- Cooking time : 10 mins
- Pan size : 12 standard cupcake or 25 mini cupcake cases
2 cups puffed rice (available in the health food aisle at the supermarket)
½ cup The Sugar Breakup Dextrose
½ cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
140g coconut oil
Let’s get crack-ling!
- Combine puffed rice, shredded coconut and cocoa powder in a bowl
- Place the coconut oil in a small saucepan with the dextrose. Gently heat until the dextrose is mostly dissolved. Do not overheat or boil the coconut oil
- Pour the coconut oil & dextrose into the bowl of puffed rice, shredded coconut and cocoa powder & stir until combined
- Spoon into cupcake cases and set in the fridge for 1 hour
Thanks for the recipe!
I just made these – so simple and easy to make – and they definitely help fighting the chocolate cravings!!!
Our pleasure! These are always a huge hit with the children and the young at heart.